Parents & Friends (P&F) Committee
Terms of Reference
In close consultation with the school, the Committee members of the P&F will:
- support the Principal and staff in the development of a learning community based upon the School’s statement of core values.
- support the School’s policies developed in consultation with all stakeholders.
- make recommendations at P&F meetings to the Principal in relation to policies that affect the wider school community.
- acknowledge that the Principal has the responsibility to implement all policies.
- identify topics of interest relevant to the school community.
- focus on the educational needs of parents and families to ensure they are kept well informed.
- maintain a record of the recommendations and outcomes of P&F meetings.
- acknowledge that the decisions taken and actions proposed at the P&F meetings are representative of the school community.
- adhere to the processes available to have issues addressed and decisions reviewed.
- use appropriate conduct when participating in meeting / discussions and promote positive personal relationships among community members.
- prepare timely written notices for distribution to members of the school community.
- liaise with the members of the school and wider community as required in promoting a positive image of the school.
- treat all members of the school community with an inclusive and respectful approach.