Macquarie Grammar School is proud to announce that it offers homestay accommodation through its established partnership with Australia’s leading homestay provider, Australian Homestay Network (AHN).
What is Homestay?
Homestay is a cultural exchange between a local individual or family (the host) and a visiting student; the student lives as a guest in the host family’s home.
Why is Homestay a great option?
AHN Homestay Hosts are trained to assist international students:
· Understanding the basics of Australian culture
· Everyday conversational skills
· Learning the basics such as buying transport tickets, where the local shops are, how to access:
· Banking, internet, mobile phone and personal safety tips
· Frequently used English and ‘Australian’ words and phrases
Unlike other accommodation options students don’t need to sign any long-term contracts, pay a bond, find furniture or search for a property themselves. Students are matched by a fully trained AHN Supervisor with a suitable AHN Homestay Host according to the needs of the student and education provider location.
An AHN Homestay student is provided with:
· A clean furnished room (this includes items like a bed, desk, wardrobe, chair and a study lamp), as well as
· a supportive family environment and home to live in
· Meals (as specified) and accommodation (including utilities)
· Ongoing Homestay host and student support
· AHN 24/7 professional phone support
· AHN Contents Insurance for students and hosts as per AHN Insurance Policy http://www.homestaynetwork.org/ahn-insurance
· Bathroom and laundry facilities
For more information or to apply please click on the appropriate link below
For students: http://www.homestaynetwork.org/mgs-students
For agents: http://www.homestaynetwork.org/mgs-agents